Counselling and psychotherapy: what's the difference?
- Helps people identify problems and crises and encourages them to take positive steps to resolve these issues.
- It is the best course of therapeutic treatment for anyone who already has an understanding of wellbeing, and who is also able to resolve problems.
- Counselling is a short-term process that encourages the change of behaviour.
- Helps people with psychological problems that have built up over the course of a long period of time.
- It will help you understand your feelings, thoughts and actions more clearly.
- Psychotherapy is a longer-term process of treatment that identifies emotional issues and the background to problems and difficulties.
With thanks to www.thecounsellorsguide.co.uk/difference-between-counselling-psychotherapy.html